Winston Churchill

"There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man"

Monday, June 13, 2011

Cisco's flying changes!

Cisco is officially a genius! Here, he is doing flying change while being ridden bridle less by is loving but totally ignorant partner (me) : http://www.youtube.com/user/izagreenfield?feature=mhee#p/a/u/0/ulG7rR5q8Qs
OMG! Last night at 5am I could sleep because it was very stormy and I was playing the video we had filmed at the week end,  in my mind and I had BFO: Cisco has been doing flying changes and I hadn't even realised! What on Earth is wrong with me! You'll see in the video at one stage he is disunited in his canter and I was aware of that but he is so well balance that I hadn't even realised that we were doing counter canter and I had missed the flying changes! And there I was wondering how I was going to start teaching him flying changes! LOL. I just would like to crawl in hole right now!

Now why is he doing counter canter is another question that I can't answer. I am pretty sure that we ride in hackamore he canters in the right foot. I really need to get a lot better very quickly with this little horse of mine. He is so talented and amazing and I feel like a complete moron! 

No comments:

Post a Comment