Winston Churchill

"There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man"

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Dreams do come true!

It's seems only yesterday since I wrote my new year resolutions! One of them was to write at least one blog a month. I didn't get to write a blog for June but I wrote one for Parelli Central about the Game of Contact so I guess I did write! So I have defaulted a tiny bit but yet, it's been good to revisit my new year resolutions and find out that they have already all been fulfilled and that I have set new bigger better goals in the meantime.
Driving the float has been mastered with much more ease if not grace than expected. I have done a lot of filming to psyche myself for my level 3, some of which is now on my channel on Youtube
and the money for the fast track or whatever other course I will choose is safely in the bank. Wow! I never thought I would achieve all that by July!
The horses love Charlie!
Now being slightly (read: madly) driven I have moved the goal post by another few miles and started looking for land to move in with my horses. This has been very much in the fore front of my consciousness for sometimes but they have been some hurdles. First, my husband wasn't on board, second, we live at the edge of the desert and I want land with trees, vistas, good soil, water and tons of charms! Fussy, me? just a little, but I can't bear taking my horses to a sand pit. Yet, not living with them has been harder and harder to the point that I had to be honest with my husband and tell him that I would make it happen with or without him. I guess, he didn't have much choice, but I know him well enough to be sure that once we are on the land, he will love it and thanks me for "making him". This has been the story of our life! So now, we are looking and waiting for something special to come up and it will!
Something else has been nagging me! I really wanted Charlie to start getting interested in horses. I love spending time with my husband and with my horses and really wanted more than anything to be able to merge the two. It wasn't a nice feeling to be with the horses, while feeling guilty that I should be at home and to be at home, wishing I was with the horses. Well, Charlie had a minor professional disaster which left him for a few months without much to do. After doing lots and lots of cooking and gardening, he finally decided that he would give horsemanship a go, and he loves it! I can't even describe how happy it makes me to be able to go to the horses with my husband! I am already dreaming of going to the Parelli Campus in Pagosa Spring together and perhaps doing some joint demos! The poor man has hardly ever sat in a saddle, but let's not get small details like this stop me! As for my own horsemanship journey? Just wait for the next blog and have a guess.
On top of the world!
When I first started on this wonderful journey, I really never thought I would be where I am now so quickly! Dreams do come true! And then you can start dreaming bigger dreams! I guess I'll never be the content type!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment